Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just thinking out loud



I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I have decided that I am going to try and change a few things in my life, nothing drastic, just simple. The problem is, I have no motivation. I work so many hours. Kraig just plays his games, or IM's his friends when he is home, and I dont' want to do these things on my own, so they don't get done. I feel like I never accomplish anything with the exception of laundry, and that is only because it is absolutely necessary. This also leaves me feeling discontent, and lazy. I guess I just don't know how to do everything, and it is sometimes hard on me. I am even lacking the motivation to go to the gym as often as I would like to. Am I the only one that feels this way?

2 comments:

Boquinha said...

You're not alone. We all deal with this, I think (though there are those few people who seem to go go go without any problem whatsoever--I don't get them :P).

Something I use to help me (not that it always works) is something one of my professors, a private therapist, told us: "I don't need motivation to exercise; I just need to put on my sneakers!" She says we often wait around for motivation but that when we recognize that we don't really need motivation, it can help us. This can really work!! Hope that helps . . .

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I'm with you. It's so hard to get through it all. I used to be a really motivated person and I'm frustrated not being the same person I used to be. This year the thing that has helped me the most is remembering to "fake it 'till you make it" meaning if you aren't happy you fake being happy until you really DO feel happy.