Sunday, December 28, 2008

This years resolutions


Since the New Year, is just a few days a way, I decided that this year I was going to put most of my resolutions on my blog, so that I would be more likely to do them. The ones that I don't put on here, are really out of my hands anyway, so there is only so much I can do. I will also say that in some ways, most of my goals for the year, are a little self serving and almost shallow.

The first one should sound familiar to just about anyone.
I am going to go my best to get into better shape. In July I joined Gold's Gym, for a little while I went the days I had decided to go. That last about three weeks. Things started coming up, I started making excuses, and I feel into the cycle of everyone else. This year I am making it my goal to go at least three times a week, for half an hour a day, or a total of an hour and a half a week. I am going to do my best to keep track of it because accountability is important for reaching goals. So I am going to put this up on my blog, so that it is always showing.


Hopefully this will help.

The second is I want to dejunk my house. This is going to be hard, because we are never home. We are always at work. I am also going to need Kraig's help on this, and that is not going to be easy. Especially since he learned a few things from his dad, he likes to keep everything. I just can't take not having enough room to store things. I really need to get rid of somethings, and figure out what I really need, and what I don't. So many of us get into that mentality that we need stuff. It doesn't matter if we don't use it, we keep it. I am going to do my best at getting rid of things that we don't need. Who knows maybe some of it I can give away...

The thrid is I want to start spending more time doing fun things. When we are not at work, we are at home, usually either working on cleaning the house, or playing games. When I was in high school I use to do so much fun things. I would go on bike rides, play softball, basketball, go hiking, go camping, make cookies with my friends. It always seemed like I was doing something. However over the last few years I lost a lot of motivation, and we don't do as much as we use to. It is so hard for me to just be stuck inside for hours cleaning or doing nothing. It get on my nerves. I want to be out doing things.

Fourth, I have been terrible at reading my scriptures. I know that this next year we are suppose to be studing the Doctrine and Covenants, and I do love the Doctrine and Covenants. However I am going to do my best to read the Book of Mormon everyday. I the Book of Mormon has such a wonderful power, that it is what I need right now.

There are a couple others, but as I said those are really out of my hands. I can make a goal all I want, but if it isn't what Heavenly Father wants for me, then it won't do me any good.
I am not going to be perfect at these, but as I said, I will do my best. It is all I can promise.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Those are great goals Kim! I have a few of the same that I am planning to work on myself.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Very inspiring Kim. I need to write my goals down too. Your goals sound GREAT!

Jillo said...

I have this weird, secret love of dejunking things, so if you want any help, I am your lady! It makes me oddly happy, although I don't actually know why.
These are great goals. I love the spending more time doing fun things one. That is a great one for all of us. I know I get way to caught up in doing lame stuff.
Good luck!