How do you grocery shop? Do you shop once a week? Once a month? Everyday? Do you create a menu of what you are going to have first, or you just randomly get things that sound good?
I am asking because I need to change the way I grocery shop, so I would like to know.
I am not judging the way people shop, and I ask that nobody else does too. I am asking what works best for everyone else.
3 comments:
I buy in bulk, because well it's cheaper and easier most of the time for a family our size.
I do use coupouns and so I go to the store once a week. I do have a pretty good 3 month supply, so most of what I do is fresh produce, milk, cheese, bread and eggs. Then I replenish what I have used out of the storage.
I do alot at caselots.
I try to do a big shopping trip every two weeks. I make a menu of what I'll make for dinner then buy all the ingredients I need. Of course I end up going to the store a few times a week for produce and milk and things I forgot, but I try to make a big trip every two weeks. But there's a store directly across the street from us so it's easy for me to run there if I need to. But I spend too much if I do that more than once a week.
Yeah, with a 24-hour grocery store literally across the street, we can get into bad habits. Mark does a lot of midnight runs to the store.
But, overall, our best system is to come up with about 20 meals that sound good to us and then shop for them. We buy extra ingredients (like 2 of some stuff) and then we make the meals on the list as they sound good to us. And the extra ingredients sometimes allow us to shake it up a little.
Post a Comment