Friday, March 16, 2012

My Random thoughts for this week

From Misc.


This "motivation" idea has been floating around blogs, pinterest, and Facebook. I think it is a bad idea. People get so caught up in the number, and they start thinking about just losing weight. Just because you lose weight doesn't mean you are healthy. I would rather weight more and be healthy, than to be super skinny and be very unhealthy.

---

Kate has been so grumpy that it is making Kraig and I on edge. I keep hoping that it will magically get better. I know some of it is because she has been sick. I know some of it is because of stupid daylight savings. However she was grumpy before. I guess this means I am going to have to see if I can find something very structured for her to do. Like dance, gymnastics, or martial arts...
I don't think anyone takes kids younger than three though.

---

I hate daylight savings time. I truly believe that we do not need it anymore. With electricity now being in homes, and the invention of the alarm clock. Daylight savings time can go bye-bye.

---

The book I just started today is creepy, I am hoping it doesn't give me nightmares. However, it is going to be one of those books that are hard to put down. In someways it is annoying that I am not a speed reader. I like absorbing the whole story though.


---

I am so excited, the book club that I was going to a year ago started up again!! I have missed it! It is so crazy at how something so simple, can mean so much. I love everything about it. I love hearing other peoples thoughts on a book, whether they agree with me or not. I also love having the interaction with other women. Sometimes I get so caught up with work, Kate, and Kraig that I can go months with out seeing anybody else (I am in primary, so I only have interaction with 7 to 10 year olds on Sunday).

---

I thought about doing a whole bunch of cute things for St. Patrick's day. I am most likely not going to do any of it. I am part Irish though (and part Scottish).

---

Kate is going to be two next month, she is so stinking tall. I am wondering where she is at percentile wise. For the last several check ups she has been at 50%. I wonder if that has changed or if she is still right in the middle.

---

Time flies.
I have come to realize that I am no longer the youngest in anything. For the first few years after high school, I was the youngest in Relief Society, I was about the same age as everyone I was working with. Now I am not. One of the girls I work with made the comment that she was eight when I graduated high school, that just made me feel old.

---

Some days, I feel as if there is something that I need. The problem is I have no idea what that is.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I get that feeling a lot--that I need something but don't know what. I hate it.

I'm the youngest in the family and so I've always just assumed I'm the youngest everywhere I go. Then I moved here and all of my friends--ALL of them--are 25, 26, 27. I turn 32 tomorrow. It makes me feel so old to know that they weren't even in high school when I graduated. It's a strange feeling.

Kids are grumpy at this age. She'll grow out of it...when she's 4. I wish I was kidding.