Monday, May 21, 2012

Just Thinking

(My dad, sister, brother, and me)

 In about three weeks, it will be ten years since my dad passed away. I still have no idea how I feel about it. The only thing that has ever really made me miss him, has been trying to deal with my grandpa that has dementia. I have often wondered how things would be if he had never gotten sick. I also wondered how things would be if he had survived the cancer. I wish that putting everything that is bottled up into words was possible, but it isn't. My dad was not my favorite person, he was not someone that I could talk to, and most of the time he didn't understand who I was. However because of what he was, I became who I am, for good or bad.

(My dad's favorite past-time)

(I am not sure when this picture was taken, I don't know if it was after he got sick, or not)

No comments: