Fall:
I love fall. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I love all the colors and the beauty of it. I love that everything is made with pumpkin; well almost everything, there are somethings that shouldn't have pumpkin in it. I love the crisp air. I love all the apples! I love Halloween with Kate! It is the time when things are "dying" and hibernating, it is a new beginning dressed as an ending. It is a time when we allow ourselves to enjoy life as a little kid. The one and only thing I dislike about fall is the fact that it means snow is right around the corner.
Wind:
I hate the wind. I don't mind a little breeze, but full on wind scares me. Wind can cause so much damage, and cause so much havoc. I have the hardest time sleeping when the wind is blowing like crazy. I wish there was some where I could move that there was no major wind.
Being Connected:
In the last year or so I feel like I am constantly connected to everyone. I hate it. There are so many times I just want to turn my phone off and leave it off for a week or more. I hate feel like I have to have my phone with me all the time. I hate that we get sucked into Facebook, Reddit, blogs, and other things that we ignore the people sitting in front of us. I try very hard to just put my phone away when I am having dinner, or talking to friends. Sometimes if I get an idea I will look stuff up, and sometimes if I am with friends I will check the time, and I will also make sure that I didn't miss a important message from Kraig (since he is probably home with Kate, and has no car). There are so many times I will be out and see parents paying more attention to their phones then the kids, friends busy texting others instead of listening, spouses that are ignoring each other because they are on Facebook. There is a quote credited to Einstein that I think sums it up very well, and sadly I think that the day he is talking about it here.
“I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.” ~Albert Einstein

2 comments:
I so hear you on being connected! Have you seen this video - great message in it:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2013/09/05/219266779/our-cultural-addiction-to-phones-in-one-disconcerting-video
Stacy, I like that video. It really does show how people are with their phones. I know that I have done it a few times, usually when I am either bored or not part of what is going on.
Post a Comment