Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just another post




Alright, Kraig's cousin-in-law Emily does a question of the week. I thought that I would answer it. I also decided that I kind of liked how she did it, so I am going to use the same format that she did it in. I hope she doesn't mind?? So here goes

What advice would you give a younger you?

Her favorite things

  • She loved being in seminary
  • She loved making cookies with Caren and Liz
  • She loved to play around on the piano with Mary
  • She loved playing the violin
  • She loved English
  • She loved to read (Still do!)
  • She was content to be who she was
  • She liked being the odd one out
  • She enjoyed hanging out, and having fun

What I would tell her

  • When you see the two people that your first reaction is to hug them do it, you won't see them again
  • Date more!!
  • Enjoy life, it doesn't slow down, it only gets faster
  • When you buy the house, go for the other one, you will probably like it more
  • When you buy your washer, buy the front loader the first time around you will be happier with it
  • Don't be surprised to find out you still love hanging out with Caren, Liz, and Mary
  • Don't be afraid to stand up for what you want, before you move out
  • Be grateful, it could have been a lot worse
  • Say good-bye to the one person that you forgot, you will regret it later that you didn't
  • It will work out, and it will be great

4 comments:

Jillo said...

Great post! My favorite was the caution againts the washer. I have so many things where I am kicking myself for not getting the one I really wanted. Mine is a flat top stove, I let Kent talk me into a regular one and I really wish I would have put my foot down and gotten the flat top. ;) such a tradgedy in my life!

I think this is a fun idea. I may steal it for my blog.

Thanks Kim!

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

Sounds like you have a lot of stories to tell. Maybe in a future blog post?

Aubrey Kilpatrick said...

wow kim i really like that post... thats neat... and i got to learn a little more about my sis in law :) hope everything is going good up there we will be seeing you in about a week or so for McKennas wedding :)!!!

Boquinha said...

Wow, these are like story teasers! I'm sooooooooo curious! Nice post!