![]() |
Alright, I am once again having one of those months were I think of a ton of stuff to blog about but never do. So I have once again gone almost a whole month with out blogging.
I have spent the last few days sick. I am still feeling it, and I don't know how long it is going to stick around. The good news for everyone else, I am pretty sure that it isn't contagious. I think the problem is very simple.
I get depressed very easy, I try to do simple things to keep it at bay. Unfortunatly it doesn't always work. Sometimes, it gets so bad I get sick. Which is where I am now.
Since it is the beginning of the year I tend to look at things through a mircoscope trying to figure out what I need to do to better myself. I tend to be critical of myself, very critical. I am my worst critic.
It is hard for me to talk to Kraig about some of my issues, because a lot of the time, I don't even know what is bothering me.
I have learned that things that make me laugh help alot, as well as being outside in the sun. Unfortunately being out in the sun at the moment isn't really an option. I go to work as the sun comes up, and drive home as it goes down missing all the sunlight. I do take Vitamin D to try and counter act the lack of sunlight I get, since I fry when I am in the sun longer the 2 minutes anyway.
So now to try and make things a little better, I am trying to look for all the beautiful things in my life. I am trying to look at the brightside, and I am very grateful for what we have.
Am I the only one that gets into these funks this bad? I am never going to take medication for it, I am one of the odd ones out there that thing medication doesn't solve the problem.
P.S. The picture I got off of photobucket.

5 comments:
I'm sorry Kim. You know, I never thought I would ever face depression but I did get into a mild one the past couple years and it was super tough. I'm finally out of it and the difference is amazing. The think that helped me was trying to "fake it until you make it" (fake happiness until you really are happy). It also helped to force myself to think of the good things I saw driving down the street rather than the bad.
Ugh. My guess is you don't need advice though. I'm just sorry you are feeling this way and hope you can find the road to positive feelings soon. Thanks for the advice on my blog yesterday. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.
Okay, can I be totally honest here? I too, totally struggle with depression and it is no fun. I tried the "fake it until you make it" thing, and while it helped, I hated having to work so hard at being happy. I did go see a doctor about it, and I won't lie, it totaly helped. It is a difference of night and day for me. I used to get so frustrated with my kids and sooooo overwhelmed with small things. While I still do, it isn;t near as dramatic as it used to be.
One thing I have learned from both having Kaden and dealing with my own issues, medicine is here to help people. It is overperscribed, and it can totally be abused, but if you are in the place where everything you have tried is just not cutting the mustard, it may be something to think about. It has made things much better for me and my family.
Good Luck!
I try the "fake it til you make it", and I have a really hard time with it. I did go to a counselor for a while and that helped a lot, but that was several years ago...
Thank you guys for your support I am glad I have you guys!
Hey Kim... yeah, I've had bouts of depression on and off throught the years. Depression is actually a chemical imbalance in the brain. I've tried a lot of things, counselors, medication, vitamin B, "faking it until you make it", just to name a few. My body has actually given me mono a couple of times and the depression comes with it. I'm one of those unique types... that medication doesn't help at all. In those cases I've found that the only thing that works for me is to get a blessing. It might be worth it to you to try that.
I think I will totally try the blessing. I have never really thought about getting a blessing for depression. Thank you!
Post a Comment