Monday, January 11, 2010

Poll



Alright, I have been looking at baby stuff for a while. In the process of trying to figure out what I need right away, what I need later, and what I can live without, I have found that everyone has different opinions on this. So I what I would like to know is, what are somethings that I will honestly have to have when I bring our little girl home (besides the car seat & bassinet)??
The more help I get the better please!!

Also here are a couple of pictures of my baby belly.





P.S. I do know that we will need diapers too.

10 comments:

Doty Family said...

Okay, a million onesies and pj's. A swing is a must! A vibrating seat is awesome too. Tons of burpies, a few good blankets for nursing or a nursing cover. Oh, there is so much I could tell you.

Jillo said...

I think for some of those things it is better to let your baby tell you what she wants. Of course I know she can't talk.....but some of my babies LOVED the swing, some couldn't stand it. Some spit up ALL THE TIME and some never did so burp rags were not necessary. Kade loved his vibrating seat, but no one else did. See what a mean? You will get lots of great stuff from baby showers and hand me downs too. So I guess what I am saying is don't go buy everything all at once, wait and see what you get and what little Katie-Bean will like. (and I promise I will not call her Katie-Bean unless you say I can)

Victoria said...

I agree with waiting on some of the bigger things like the swing and chair. One thing I do for burp rags is I just buy regular washcloths (of course I pick some that are a little more stylish). Then I can use them from then on out, plus they absorb a lot better. They are cheaper, too. Other than that, onesies and pj's and socks and hand mitts (for when she is tiny). Don't bother buying shoes until she is about 6 months or older cuz they just fall off or they kick them off. Hope this helps.

Long Family said...

I had an awesome nursing cover, I can't remember the name of it. I'll have to dig it out and let you know!! LOVED it!!! Also I used the heck out of my swing and either a bouncer or they have these rockers now. When she gets a little older definitely get a bumbo chair!!!

Boquinha said...

Of all those extras that you really don't need, I recommend the wipe warmer. I hate being cold and I always felt badly using cold wipes with our babies. I highly recommend the warmer. They're so nice for the baby and for your hands, too, in the winter. LOVE that thing.

April (Thorup) Oaks said...

I like what Jill had to say. For me, I never bought much at all. I just waited to see what I got. I had plenty items I loved using but I think most of the stuff isn't necessary - just nice and convienient to have. I personally think the only thing you need to have is a place to let the baby sleep, blankets, a few onesies, diapers, and wipes. I do recommend getting a thermometer though. The first time the baby is sick it will bring you a lot of comfort to have one rather than having to wait until someone can go to the store.

Stacy said...

The only thing I would add is whatever groceries and other things that you and Kraig might need so that you don't have to worry about it right after the baby comes.

Alli said...

Ditto to everyone but add one thing that steve thougth was silly at first, but now thinks is the best thing in the world: the boppie or a nursing pillow. Steve used it when he bottle fed and its great for tummy time. Some of the stuff is silly, but personaly I think a swing, a vibrating chair, and a boppie are things you can't live without. AND TONS of onsies and pj's and TONS of sheets for the bassinet/crib. I found the wipe warmer to be nice, but definitely NOT a neccessity. We always bought our diapers and wipes in bulk fron Costco. Also, the costco brand works just as well as the expensive brands, but is MUCH cheaper.

And do wait to see what your baby likes. Maybe if your friends have a swing or vibrating chair, borrow it for a day or two to see if Baby Kate will like it.

Also, if its still around and you can afford it, go make some meals at My Girlfriends kitchen to have when you are just too pooped to make dinner. They are easy and healthy.

Alli said...

One more thing I totally forgot, but is a must for newborns especially in the cold winter months: a snugly blanket. They have velcro fasteners so you can wrap your baby up in them and it will stay wrapped up. I forget what they are called, but I found them at target. Don't get the big felt/flannel ones, get the small cotton ones with ribbon edging. They work the best and are WONDERFUL! Oh, the swaddler blanket, that's what they are called...they are awesome.

Also, I could not live without my jogging stroller! A must have for me!

Boquinha said...

I very much second the Boppy pillow!! And if I could go back in time, honestly? I'd get a sling and also join a La Leche League group -- I've met some amazing women who all attend/attended that.