![]() |
| From Kate |
Kate is almost two, I can hardly believe how fast time flies. She has entered into the terrible two stage. Complete meltdowns, temper tantrums, and everything in between are becoming a daily occurrence. Some mornings just trying to get her dressed is a fight. If the next two years are this way, I am in trouble. There are times I have such a hard time keeping my patience with her. Sometimes I have to just put her in time out and walk away. However sometimes that is not really an option, like when we need to get ready to leave in the morning.
I know several people that are pregnant right now. I must be different than most women. I hated being pregnant, and I remember most of the details. In fact I still have a rib that hurts from Kate kicking it out of place. Kate is hard enough for me to handle I don't believe I could handle another, plus I don't have the money to have another baby. So as of right now we are not planning on having another baby for a while.

2 comments:
This age is hard but also super fun. I have fought with all 3 of my kids just to get dressed (still fighting with Noah who's 5 about it) but what I've learned is this: don't fight. Getting dressed is something everybody has to do and making it a fight will ruin your life. Seriously. On days we're not in a hurry I will give Zoe two options of what to wear. If she picks one, great, we put it on, if not, then I pick one. If she starts screaming and freaking out, I sit on her (not hurting her, I mean not with my weight on her, just using my body to hold her down) and force getting dressed. As soon as she's dressed I walk away. I don't address the screaming or the tantrum, I just leave. If she wants to follow, great, if she wants to stay in her room and scream, great. Either way, don't give her the option to refuse you. It will be hard for a few days but she'll get it before long. Good luck!
Also, no hurry to have more. The more space between kids, the easier it is. I found that out the hard way.
Yep, give them choices -- that really helps at that age. They want to have a say, so it's a way you can give them that!
And remember, they feed off of OUR energy, too -- so the more stressed/upset we are, the more they sense that and it affects their behavior. That doesn't mean that it's your "fault" if they act up, but it does mean to be sure to take some time for yourself, even if it's just to take deep breaths and think happy thoughts. It'll help keep you AND the kids sane.
Also, I'm a BIG fan of mutual respect -- treat your kids the way you'd like them to treat you. It just makes sense to me and it works.
Post a Comment