![]() |
We bought a boxer puppy! We get to bring him home in just a few weeks, and I am so excited. I know he is going to be a lot of work, and I know he is going to need a whole dang lot of attention, but it is worth it. Ever since our house was broken into I have had a hard time being home alone. The puppy isn't going to fix this, but it will help make it better. Especially when in about a year he will be close to 80 pounds. I am also looking forward to the dog and Kate wearing each other out.
When we first went to the sellers house, I brought Kate. I wanted to see how the parents and Kate did. The puppies were only a week old, so Kate of course loved them, and they just liked any attention. When I asked the seller if I could bring Kate, she said that was great, she also gave a slight warning. She said that her two year old nephew is a little intimidated by the dad for the first few minutes, due to the size of the dog.
I was a little nervous at how Kate would react since she hasn't been around any big dogs. The dad (Hulk) loved Kate, and Kate had no fear of the dog what so ever. I think she liked Hulk better than the puppies. Probably because we didn't have to tell her to she had be very gentle with the big dogs.
It is kind of hard to see, but here is a picture of the dad. He is probably about 70 pounds now and still growing. He had is head down slightly giving us the "puppy dog look" because he wanted to come play with all of us. He was such a sweet dog. The mom is also super sweet, she is smaller than Hulk though.
![]() |
We have been debating names. For some reason we have been thinking about the Greek Gods. We have talked about: Ares, Apollo, Hermes, Hephaestus, and Hercules. I have been leaning towards Hercules. Kraig keeps going back and forth. For a while he like Hephaestus.
Here are a few more pictures of him.
This one he is a week old in.
![]() |
Snuggling with his mama, at about two weeks old.
![]() |
Playing in the snow for the first time, at about three weeks old.
![]() |
Kraig holding him when we went to visit him last Saturday.
![]() |
Puppy taking a nap yesterday, now he is about four weeks old.
![]() |
It feels like there is so much going on, but I really can't think of what. We just doing our normal thing.






1 comment:
OMG! I don't know how you can stand it, visiting him and not taking him home - he is SO CUTE!! So excited for you guys. He is definitely a keeper. :)
Post a Comment