Saturday, February 09, 2013

Respect



Respect is a big thing for me. So it drives me crazy when people cannot or do not respect others. It makes me mad, I don't understand why people cannot respect other people. There are people that I interact with daily that don't have respect for themselves let alone anyone else. Why is there so little respect now? Why is it that people think respect should be earn, when there should be a amount of respect given to a person to begin with? Why would someone want to earn your respect if you treat them like dirt? Why is it that so many adults act like kids and think it is alright?
To me respect and common courtesy go hand in hand. How can you have one with out the other?

I should note that I am not saying that everyone disrespects people all the time, they just have no respect for anyone or anything. In reality my two year old (almost three) has more respect for others than most adults. She doesn't care where they work, or who their friends are. She just loves people. I hope she does not lose this trait.


No comments: