Friday, August 23, 2013

An Explanation

The last several weeks have been kind of rough for me. Partly due to things that have been happening, and partly due to things going on in my head (don't worry, I am not going to explain what is going on in my head). With several of the things that have been happening, I have decided there was one major change I had to make.

I have decided that I don't need to be reachable 24/7. If someone can't get a hold of me, oh well. I have the right to be away from my phone, or out of cell range. I also have the right to not answer it if I don't want, or if I am busy doing something else. I hate talking on the phone. I prefer text and email. Talking on the phone causes anxiety for me. I know there are several people out there that don't understand this, and that's fine they don't need to understand, all they need to know is that if I don't want to answer my phone I am not going to. I have also started turning my cell phone off at night again. If something happens in the middle of the night, I will do much better at handling whatever it is in the morning after some sleep. Also if you call my phone, and I don't answer, don't expect me to call you back if you don't leave a voice mail. I assume that if it wasn't important enough for you to leave me a message, then I don't need to call you back.


No comments: