Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baby Registries

Alright, here's the deal. Today Kraig and I went and did our baby registries. We have one at Target, and one at Babies R Us. It seems like it took us forever walking around both stores. I think we got all the basics...I hope at least. I felt so lost doing the registry. This is something so completely new to us. I did register for a few things that I don't expect anyone to get us, I did it because at Babies R Us, anything left in our registry they will send us coupons for. Plus having an active registry with them, I will be able to exchange things with out a receipt!!
I am nervous, I worry that we won't have everything we need. I worry about the birth (this one scares me a little actually). I worry about the baby, constantly. I worry about everything really. So much can go wrong, and so much can happen.
So anyone that has a chance, please check out my registries and let me know if there is anything that I missed. I also know I didn't register for diapers, and wipes. I figured that there were cheaper ones that work just as well out there then the limited ones at either store. There are also a bunch of bottles & binkies that I registared for not knowing what I need, or what the baby will like. There are probably a few things that I registered for that aren't necessary, but seemed cute and fun (I couldn't help it!! I swear!!). I also swear there are things I registered for that didn't show up, or that there are things that I didn't register for (at Target) that are there, but I didn't get a print out at the store for either one, oops!! I think I figured why somthings didn't show up, I think it is because they don't carry it on line??? That's just my guess, since most of what didn't show up was binkie's and clothing.
Babies R Us
Target
(P.S. Sorry that at Babies R US, most do not have pictures, if you search for the item number most of the pictures will come up.)

1 comment:

Doty Family said...

Okay, there is only a few things that you NEED to have at home. Everything else, can come as you need it, or you will find your house over run with baby stuff. It would be nice to get it all as shower gifts though.

Okay, so you need the obvious carseat and bassinett or crib. You will need a few recieving blankets for swaddling, a few nice blankets for going out and covering the carseat. You need diapers, but don't buy a tone of newborn ones. Buy size 1. They outgrow the newborns in about a week or so. You'll need baby bath and don't buy a ton of baby washclothes. After a month or 2, you will find them more of nuisance than anything. They are pointless after awhile. You'll need some type of a baby bath, by the time she is a few weeks old, because you can only sponge bathe them until the ambilical cord falls off. You'll want a swing, maybe a vibrating chair. My kids loved the vibrating chair.

Lot's of sleepers and onsies. The first little bit you will spend much of your time in the house. You will want to get the grooming kit, nursing pads!! Nobody told me that as a first time mom, nursing pads need to go with you to the hospital. You will want to also purchase a good pump, especially if you are going back to work. You can store milk in the freezer for 1 year, so while your home on maternity, get a good supply stocked up. You will also want to get some Lanolin lotions, because nursing hurts the first little bit.

It's also a good idea to get some infant tylenol and also gas drops!!! Those are a life saver. Lot's of burpies and the thermometer is the best thing you will ever buy! I have one that has lasted through all my kids.

Let's see, a boppie is so nice, because it makes nursing much, much easier and later you can use it to help them sit up.

I might be missing some, but that's all I can think of.

What a fun and exciting time. I'm so jealous, I would love to be bringing a new baby home!!! It's the best thing in the world to be a mother!