Saturday, February 16, 2013

Music, Poems & Books

Have any of you had music, poems and/or books that have just touched you deeply, and you don't know why? I have all the time. It is like one of these things touche a part of my soul. There are so many songs that when they come on, or when I hear them I love them instantly. It doesn't matter if the song gets over played on the radio (usually). There are times that I try to force myself to read a book, but it isn't what my soul wants, so it will take me forever to read it. There are poems that for whatever reason I love instantly. I believe this is why I have such an eclectic taste in music, and books. I believe this is why some people fall in love with some art pieces.
With that said, I also believe that some of this is because the author, the artist, whoever puts a part of themselves into it.
I also believe that since these songs are so much apart of who I am, it is why I stop when they come on the radio, or when my iPod starts playing them.

Here are some of the songs, that for whatever reason I just absolutely love.












There are a lot more, but here are just a few.

3 comments:

Boquinha said...

I love Ed Sheeran's stuff. He's a powerfully deep songwriter for such a young kid.

Dr. Mark said...

Very cool post. There were some blasts from the past in that list.

I also love Ed Sheeran. His whole album is great. And did you see him on the Grammy's with Elton John? There's been a lot of criticism of the performance, but we all really enjoyed it.

Jagged Rocks said...

Thanks Mark!
Ed Sheeran is growing on me.